Freesat Satellite TV Installation
Why Install A Satellite Dish?
In areas with poor Freeview aerial TV reception, Freesat can provide a more reliable TV signal for receiving Freeview & HD channels. It also provides access to all the regional BBC channels relative to your post code.
Benefits of Freesat
- It’s free, once the equipment and installation are paid for – there are no monthly bills, subscriptions* or contracts
- Backed by BBC & ITV, it currently provides 170 channels, including 20+ HD channels.
- Record up to 4 channels simultaneously with the latest 4K recordable set-top box
- Provides a Freesat App to view the 7 day TV guide, set reminders & programme recordings
- Provides streaming on-demand via Netflix, ITV Hub, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Prime Video, BritBox & others
*Some on-demand services (Netflix, Prime Video for example) require a paid subscription.
What Equipment Will I Need?
- A Freesat set-top box or a TV with an integrated Freesat tuner
- A satellite dish
- The correct signal receiver (LNB) to meet your multi-channel watching/recording requirements.
- An internet connection is required to use on-demand services such as iPlayer, Netflix etc
Freesat 4K TV Boxes
The latest boxes available can access all modern streaming services such as Britbox. There is a ‘Recordable 4K TV box‘ which can store up to 1,000 hours of recorded shows and pause/rewind live TV shows. Alternatively, there is a ‘Non-recordable 4K TV box‘.
The App provides access from your mobile phone to a 7 day TV Guide and recording functions so you can set recordings remotely if necessary.
You will need a set-top box (or TV with built-in tuner) for each room you wish to receive Freesat in. If you already have a satellite installation, your satellite dish and signal receiver (LNB) may need upgrading to support multi-room installations. If you currently have Sky TV, you can connect Freesat set-top boxes to the same satellite dish to support multi-room viewing.
Our Freesat Installation Services
We are Registered Digital Installers and members of CAI. These memberships demonstrate our training, knowledge and commitment to high standards of work and to our adherence to the Codes of Practice established by CAI. They also signal our commitment to using high quality equipment for all installations.
Our engineers will:
- Supply a new satellite dish, or reconfigure your old one
- Supply and configure a new set-top box
- Install all necessary cabling as discreetly as possible
- Ensure best possible signal/dish alignment using a spectrum analyser
- Clean up any installation debris and dispose of any packaging from equipment we supply